An Writer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards Member of SocietyVerified VoterOne Of UsStaff

The Ringing

we don't have an actual shortfilm section so i hope its ok to post this here.

This is the shortfilm i was working on, which i shared screenplays and storyboards with a few of you. Its a no budge effort. i think my focus was pretty much cinematography. I used a Panasonic HCX 1000 which got a loan from my school. luckily i got a few of my friends to help out so i didn't have to pay any actors or crew members lol. let me know what you guys think

https://vimeo.com/243411278

@Vlad @wes ghost can one of you guys help me embed the video? tried doing it but couldn't.

Self Activate Enoch Nigma Alice Rude Sammy Genocide The iLL 1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards One Of UsVerified VoterPhilanthropist
    I loved this, Sammy. What impressed me was the cinematography. You took all the right shots and angles as well as the lighting just right. The lead walking out of the store and getting on the bike with the ring was the perfect way to start. Another great example of cinematography as well as cinematic language is when the girl stops and looks down that murky and foreboding lane. Her hello had fear all over it because it's the kind one says when they have a chill down their spine knowing that someone they can't see, sees them. I like the way you threw audience expectation off the scent with the bike ringing to start followed by the ears ringing just before the climax. I'm satisfied with the ending because it is abrupt and it's definite. It's concrete in that evil overcomes the hero and yet there are still many questions left unanswered for the audience to answer for themselves. One of mine is was the guy at the end dressed as a clown?
    I really enjoyed this.

An Writer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha he was supposed to be a Yurei. its a type of japanese ghosts. Thanks, D. It was fun doing this. Very time consuming but fun. a

Maestro of Multis
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards Member of SocietyVerified VoterFeel Me, Fam?One Of UsStaff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Its a no budge effort. i think my focus was pretty much cinematography. I used a Panasonic HCX 1000 which got a loan from my school.
    Quality was top notch. (The camera I used to use was shit ,still used hi-8 tapes lol) Cinematography was on point. (idenote : Idk if it was meant for the audience to hear but just before she stops @ 1:10 I could hear you or someone else say "okay stop"). I really like the scene right after that that starts at around 1:22 where the shot is focused on the light post or whatever it is, and you see her riding up into the focus, like the ghost/yurei is watching and stalking her along the way. Shot for shot this was great, you found some really good angles to work with.

An Writer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awww man i didn't catch that until after post production and after loading it!! i was actually pretty angry when i put on my headphone and i heard that! good catch, though @Rude ha